An Update

I happened to run into our blogstar last evening when I stopped by the hospital to visit my Aunt (Aunt Betty had a knee replacement). Wow did Kathy look great! Being finished with kemo certainly agrees with her! This week she has her MRI and another mammogram and then once the doctor has all of that information, they will schedule surgery. While we were discussing how nice the hospital room was, Kathy said she thinks her surgery will be outpatient. Really??!?!? That seems a little cavalier of doctors! "Having a mastectomy? Oh, yeah, that's just a little outpatient thingy."

She will find out more details by next week and you will all be the first (well, not really! maybe the fifth or sixth!) to know.

We were also talking about the surgery horror stories that people tell you. "It was the most painful surgery I ever had." Someone always has to say that. Why do they do it? On the other hand, if you have some helpful hints from your own or a loved one's surgery, please share. You never know what hint will be like the Q-Tip trick that I posted about before.

3 comments:

A quick hello...and happy weekend! Happy Mother's Day. Enjoy the next few days with your family...Will think about surgery next week. Hugs!

P.S. I didn't get a chance to tell you, you looked so great on Thursday...so great in your skirt outfit.

LaVerne

 

Kathy, as always there you were thinking about me when you have been through so much. The beautiful sight of you coming into my room brought tears to my eyes. Through a couple rough times with my knee,, I had to remind myself to quit the whining and act like Kathy. I love you dear friend, Aunt Betty

P.S. Horror stories are just that so block them from your mind.

 

Kathy,
I thought you looked fabulous too. No more poison really suits you! I love visiting with you. Your spirit cannot be dampened. The support you give is amazing. Thinking of you often, Tina