The Next Phase

Great end of kemo party everyone! Thanks for coming and celebrating with Kathy!

So, the kemo is over. What is next for our blogstar?
This week she will have appointments in preparation for surgery, for example, another breast MRI. After that, they will have the information they need to proceed with surgery. It sounds like that will be sometime in mid to late May. Then again, it might end up being after school ends for the semester. Actually, that is probably one of the more difficult things about the treatment Kat is undergoing. The calendar is very fluid and it is controlled by someone else! To read more about breast cancer surgery at the American Cancer Society website, click here.

Speaking of the American Cancer Society, some of you may be noticing that there have been no Relay for Life activities on campus, yet. There may be some people planning to participate, but I had to sit it out this year. Since it is May (Paint the Town Purple month!), I encourage you to still make a donation to Relay. One of my nieces is participating in the RFL at her college (Here is her website!) I am very proud of her for doing this as a student with such a heavy workload ;-) If you prefer to keep your donations local, HERE is the website for RFL Salinas. I'm sure any of the teams would love to have your support!

1 comments:

I'm wishing you the best on the upcoming breast MRI. Mine is scheduled for May 21 at Stanford.

Jennifer