That's what I have done lately. That is kind of how cancer treatment is, too. Now, I didn't plan it that way. I didn't leave the blog with no new posts to make a point or anything. Just the normal end of the semester crush. But it is true that the nature of cancer treatment is sort of like that too. For example, you find a lump and you make an appointment, then you wait. Then you have a test and then you wait. Then you have another appointment and schedule another test and then you wait. There is a sense of urgency, and always a next item in the future stringing you along. On the other hand, there is a lot of hanging in wait for the tests to be read, for the doctor to be available, for the next test or the next appointment.
Now that the kemo is done there have been more tests and more waiting and more scheduling and more waiting. The end result is two pieces of really good news.
- The kemo worked really well to shrink the tumors!
- The surgery is scheduled for June 1st, after the end of Kat's semester!

3 comments:
Way to Go Kathy!!!!! You are on the home stretch. Enjoy the stay at the hospital and I can vouch for the food, it was yummy. Wow you are a dedicated teacher.
Love you, Aunt Betty
Yay Kathy! That's great news. Except the whole grading and agenda thing. :)
Good luck with surgery day! I am so glad the chemotherapy did what it is supposed to do and the tumor shrank. Enjoy this weekend. You are amazing getting through all this treatment and now surgery without really skipping a beat!
Post a Comment