Hello Again!

Yes, I know. It's about time!!

Kathy is doing well! I don't know if any of you saw her comment on the last (long ago) post. So in case you didn't,
"I saw the oncologist today, and she used the word "remission"! I need to heal more before radiation can start, but at least there's a dim light out there now!"

I can't think of any better news than this, can you? I can add to this that Kathy looks great and is feeling better and better. The radiation won't be starting until she has healed more fully, and that is taking longer than she expected, but patient (the adjective) and patient (the noun) are not words that should go together are they? Wouldn't you like to know why this one word has both meanings? No? Oh, ok. I have one of those dictionaries with word origins in it if you change your mind....

So for now Kathy is kicking back, enjoying summer, reading, resting, enjoying spending time with her family, and working on curriculum. In short, doing all her favorite things! And a few doctor's appointments thrown in for good measure. She will still need all our support as she endures radiation (every day for about a month--the sheer annoyance of all that time spent in a medical office...), and the start of school (25 days, people!), and all the chaos that has become normal at HC.

Remission. What a glorious word! Our blogstar has kicked some serious cancer ass this year!

3 comments:

Kathy I am thrilled you are doing so well. I miss you and can't wait to see you in the Fall.
-tina-
p.s some people I don't miss...you I DO miss!

 

Kathy,
Hope you continue to do well and enjoy the company of your family over the summer.
Hugs,
Carol K

 

Hi Mom! Hope your first day back at work was a good one! I love you hopefully we can meet for lunch this week?
-Sara