Still fighting the flu...

How did the week go by so fast?

Shortly after I posted last week, Kathy got sick again (same version of cold/flu again? new bug? who knows, but it really sucks!). She lost her voice, felt weak, tired and generally terrible and is on another round of antibiotics. She stayed home from work all this week to rest and recuperate. Good plan. I know it is really hard for her to stay home. I don't think she has ever missed more than a day or two (if that) during a year, so the decision to stay home and rest has been hard for her. I think in some ways it feels like losing or giving in. But it is a tactical loss (if it is a loss at all). Give this up in order to save strength for the real battle. (On the positive side, only three more kemo's to go!)

So keep sending Kathy your "get well" thoughts, either privately or through the comments here. You may not get a response from her since she is concentrating on getting well, rather than answering emails. But just know that she and her family really appreciate all the support she is getting from everyone. Thanks, all of you!

3 comments:

Kathy, Dang those flu bugs!!! If I could have the flu for you, I would. Seems that isn't possible so keep resting and I will keep sending good thoughts your way.

On a good note, that friend of yours K.L. won't be bugging you this year to walk the 21 miler:-)

 

Rest and get strong! We're all thinking about you and sending you strength.

 

You look marvelous today Kathy. You sounded BAD but I love the rosy cheeks! Feel better, feel better, feel better