I got an update from Kathy just before the weekend and I thought I would share some of what was in the email.
The doctor told me yesterday that she could hardly feel the tumor, to which I replied, "So, we're done here?" To which she replied, "Uh, no!"
Thursday was my last "poison" treatment," and I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks of being sick, but I am encouraged by the reports of how much easier the next drug regimen is. And, I'm half-way done with my kemo!
It still seems as if I have such a long way to go, and I tried to give myself the same advice I give to students when they talk about how long it'll take to get a certificate or degree: "It's OK, you'll get there--break it into chunks (baby steps)--you'll be surprised at how quickly the time goes."
What a load of crap! Well, not really, but it's hard to take your own advice!
Anyway, thanks to everyone for helping me shrink those little !@#$%&ers with your positive thoughts and actions.
So is it the Kemo, or is it Us? I vote that we call it the combination of the treatment, Kathy's personal and family strength, and the energy we are all creating! Whatever it is, let's keep it working!!!!! When the strength of one of those things starts to flag, the others are there to take over the heavy lifting. Keep the comments coming, too. Kathy and her family really appreciate hearing from all of you out there. (255 visits to the blog as of this morning!)

3 comments:
Hang in there! You are winning the battle and your friends are here for you....
Hey Kathy, funny how our own advice comes back to bite us in the butt, right?
Thinking strong positive thoughts and sending them your way.
Love you, Aunt Betty
I believe that all of the support and positive energy projected by all of us is definately a key factor in my mom's fight (of course she is also a very tough lady). If I go through life with just one friend who is as good to me as all of you are to my mom, I will consider myself very lucky.
Post a Comment