Kathy was able to arrange her schedule so that she can maximize time to rest, time for appointments, etc. I think it is fair to say that she enjoyed the first week in YEARS where she has been consistently on her way home at a reasonable hour! (It's important to recognize those silver linings wherever they may occur!)
Another positive is that she looks absolutely as stunning as always in her new wig! We liked her short haircut too, but she is wearing the wig to school and keeping her "look" for now. I predict she may keep the wig well after the kemo days. How nice to have your hair already done and just pop it on your head as you rush out the door! Ok, I know it isn't quite that easy, but isn't that a fun visual?! If the road from her house wasn't so winding she could be installing it as she drove to school, just as you see people applying makeup as they commute. ;-) "Officer, it isn't dangerous to put on my wig while I drive, women are great multi-taskers."
Unfortunately, the nausea lasted about a week this time, so she was having to deal with that annoyance. I wonder if these Queasy Pops from Chemochicks would help. If not, there are always the Chick Sick Sacks. Talk about attitude! Here is a quote from the site.
"Nausea and yes, vomiting, is something that we really can be prepared to handle with confidence.[Blogger note: Confidence? Really? Wow!] Each lightweight disposable CHICK SICK SACK comes in a set of five or twelve. The firm round holder allows you to cover your mouth area with the knowledge that you are protecting your outfit, your car, or your desk…Don’t let a little queasiness keep you at home; this couldn’t be an easier, cleaner solution!"
These Chemochicks are hardcore! Then again, Hardcore 101 is a prerequisite for entering the Kicking Breast Cancer Program.
Have a great weekend Kathy! You have a kemo free week coming up!
Have a great weekend Kathy! You have a kemo free week coming up!

2 comments:
Kathy:
You looked great this week..I know it could not have been an easy transition back to work. Your wonderful sense of humor astounds me... I think you may become the Poster Child (ok Poster Mid-Life Woman) for those dealing with this ever-growing cancer population.
For people 'like you' who has already taken care of others, it is nice to see that you can allow others to watch over you as well..that is sometimes hard.
Have a great weekend! Rest, relax, revive!
hugs, LaVerne
Thanks for the shout out.Hope your week back at work went well.
All the best from Suz and Deb at Loop!
Post a Comment