June is the month we have all been waiting for. June is the end of what has been a very difficult semester. June is also the month for surgery and the end of cancer. All Kathy's kemo treatments, all her visualization of death to cancer cells, was to get her to this point. Her surgery is on Tuesday. The doctor says she will go home that evening and get to sleep in her own bed. Amazing!
I was listening to this radio show yesterday and Dr. Dawn was saying that cancer treatment is like a race. The body's immune system is racing with the cancer cells. The idea is that the different treatments allow the immune system to get far enough ahead of the cancer cells that they can win. She thinks cancer survivors should be called cancer winners! I guess that is more radio friendly than cancer asskickers!
Remember Big Sur, Kathy? If I think of this as a race, I can imagine that it is like having the Highlands with the rolling hills and cambered road behind you. It's like the last five miles of the race now. Still more (painful) racing to do to keep ahead of those nasty cells. But the surgeon will give you a big boost and put you even further ahead of the cell counts. Struggling for a Big Sur comparison to that---maybe like the boost you got from the double caffeine espresso GU and Cheryl's singing (one word, kept coming up over and over in the songs she was making up, can you guess which word ;-) ????) You'll be putting those #$%&*@ cells will be so far behind you that they'll never be able to catch up.
...and if you need it, I have a GU packet and I'm sure Cheryl will come over and sing her made up songs with you...one word over and over... ;-)

1 comments:
Kathy,
I will be thinking about you and sending you all the positive energy and healing vibes I can.
Jennifer
Post a Comment