Kemo Number Three...

...with a Curriculum Committee meeting chaser!
Yes, you read that right.  Kathy had her three hour infusion and then came to school to chair a Curriculum Committee meeting! Tuesday she and Melissa had a marathon session working on the P.E. curriculum changes that will be coming before the committee soon.  Melissa was begging for mercy, but Kathy just wanted to keep going ;-)
That is the kind of strength it takes to kick Mr. Cancer in his fancy pants and send him scurrying for cover.  You know, maybe curriculum work has some kind of curative power.  I know there are faculty who run for cover when they hear the C word (curriculum I mean!).  Maybe it will have the same effect on those cancer cells.

It will probably be a less than pleasant weekend for Kathy as she deals with the queasiness, chemo-fog and fatigue from the kemo.  Let's send her and her family good vibes for this third round of the fight.  We're all out here cheering for you Kathy!

3 comments:

Way to go Kathy!!!! You are an amazing woman and I love you. I'm in the ring with you and will continue to cheer you on. You GO GIRL!!!!

Aunt Betty

 

Kathy:

You are amazing...you facilitated the pre curriculum (began at 8am) and curriculum meeting (2-4pm) and in between just dropped in for your chemo. You are my hero! I hope this weekend you rest and let that curative poison do its thing! You are in my thoughts. Hugs

 

Well that is one theory on how to scare away cancer that I haven't heard of, yet! "White light baths", "howling at the moon" and "sage smoke outs", have been practiced by previous patients, but curriculum meetings???