Banana Shake--super easy, used in a hospital
Citrus Rice Pudding from the Dana Farber Cancer Institute Why does rice pudding seem like the ultimate comfort food?
A half dozen ginger recipes, including Carrot Ginger Soup, from the Prostate Cancer Foundation
Finally, here is the recipe I found for a Kemo Smoothie by Unknownchef86. I could imagine adding ginger to this as well. Maybe a 2-3 TBS of fresh or 2-3 tsp of ground ginger. I think ginger added to this would be especially good if the fruit were berries or peaches.
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package tofu (I like Mori-Nu Extra-Firm Silken Tofu)
- 2-4 scoops protein powder
- unsweetened fresh fruit or unsweetened frozen fruit, to taste (bananas, berries, peaches, etc.)
- whole milk, as needed
- 1 quart yogurt, any flavor (berry flavors work well)
Add the protein powder and fruit to the blender, scraping down sides as needed.
Frozen fruit may be added to thicken (like ice) without substantially watering down the mixture.
Add more milk to thin, as needed.Add the yogurt into the blender and thin to taste with more milk.
Pour into individual drink containers, or leave in the blender pitcher and store in the refrigerator.
Only make as much as you need for one or two days; make a fresh batch as needed.


2 comments:
Well Put.
Some nursing tips: Save your all time favorites for the good days -- you want thme to stay your favorites! The smell of Lavender is good for nausea relief. Lemon drops cut out metalic tastes. Potatoes are also good Kemo stomach foods. Don't overwelm the sight, smell or load of a person with Kemo stomach. Small portions, open things in a separate room then bring them in (Small wiffs are better than the freshly opened container.) and frequent small amounts works to ward off nausea.
Hope you are doing well Kathy.
Nancy, thanks for the food and food "presentation" tips. I like the part about the potato being a good Kemo stomach food. Does that include mashed with butter and salt? (I still have the effect of steriods from yesterday's kemo, so that's why that sounds yummy to me (nausea hasn't kicked in yet)--I bet, though, that you're talking about a baked potato a la nothing! :-)
Kathy
Post a Comment